Jump to content

Gen3 cranking pressure??


Recommended Posts

idling my time looking at the Gen3 manual :rolleyes:

 

one for @JOHN-DYNOSTAR and @MikaS no doubt

right been comparing Compression pressure  by cranking , the details in the Gen3 and Gen2 are different

with both Gen3 and Gen2 having the same 12.5:1 CR 

OK so makes sense the 'old' Gen1 with 11:1 CR  so:-

 

Gen1  has 'dry' cranking 171-228 psi      limit 128 psi    11:1          (yes that makes sense lower pressure than Gen2)

Gen2 has     "          "      199-256 psi      limit  142 psi     12.5:1

Gen3 has    "            "    203-276 psi      limit   145psi     12.5:1      ??????????????????

Question: WHY does the Gen3  have a higher cranking pressure 

We know the Gen3 has new cams giving  reduced overlap ---- does this give higher compression as more time to pump cylinder without losses??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Busa Harbour man said:

I see you have your thinking cap on and answered your own question yourself :roflmao:

 

BHM

or different ring design ?

or smaller throttle bodies 

all combined 

Edited by mark3evo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Less blowpast,  better tolerances.

Throttle bodies should be off/ WO anyway - if it can't breath at cranking speed forget the rest.

:D

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Kzin said:

Less blowpast,  better tolerances.

 

:D

 

 

Gen3 pistons are 0.01 mm tighter in bore than Gen2 at min / max condition

same ring end gap tolerance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mark3evo said:

Gen3 pistons are 0.01 mm tighter in bore than Gen2 at min / max condition

same ring end gap tolerance

tighter, and ability to seal are not necessarily the same thing

also does it spin faster at cranking ?

:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mark3evo said:

 

Gen1  has 'dry' cranking 171-228 psi      limit 128 psi    11:1          (yes that makes sense lower pressure than Gen2)

Gen2 has     "          "      199-256 psi      limit  142 psi     12.5:1

Gen3 has    "            "    203-276 psi      limit   145psi     12.5:1      ??????????????????

 

I dont see that big difference in Gen2 vs Gen3 pressure

starting from 199 vs 203 is practically the same, also limits 142 vs 145

Gen3 top pressure 276psi is just absurd, you dont want that much pressure even from built engine, if its not diesel

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, MikaS said:

I dont see that big difference in Gen2 vs Gen3 pressure

starting from 199 vs 203 is practically the same, also limits 142 vs 145

Gen3 top pressure 276psi is just absurd, you dont want that much pressure even from built engine, if its not diesel

 

so what would you expect ??  for average level

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mark3evo said:

so what would you expect ??  for average level

We have not made these pressure tests that much, but hunch is a 210-220psi, depending if the wind is blowing from north and if the stars are aligned.

Looking at the Suzuki numbers you would expect 240-260 (?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy