Suspension set-up….13st/85kg

Hi,

new member here and new to Busa’s. 
bought lovely 2024 Busa 2 weeks ago and am interested in tweaking the suspension set-up. 

Did this last year on my Tenere 700 and it transformed the bike. 

would be most grateful if anyone has done this and could suggest something. I’m 13.5 stone or 85kg in the nip no gear. 

Incredbile machine 

3D47497E-92C9-406B-888C-713E58C0E8FD.png

Edited by Busa Harbour man
Removed image as contained personal info

bike suspension set is always a personal thing ,  like do you do track days or do you do a lot of touring 2 up

i just take mine to a professional although not done that for a few years

oh i nearly forgot i do eye tests too :D

• 2 weeks later...

Out of the crate Suzuki's are generally pretty good for you're weight range, but it may not suit how you ride.  There're countless U Tube vids on setting up suspension, like most of the stuff on there it's been plagiarised to earn money, so you need to be very selective.

As a general rule, sort the sag, then the compression and rebound, you want the back/front ends compressing/rebounding (damping) at the same rates to give you balance.  Golden rule one thing at a time and small adjustments, make sure you record all adjustments before you ride.   Ride over the same course in the same way, you need about 5 miles, straights, bends (left/right) smooth (if you can find any) and the more normal uneven, if possible some dual carriageway/motorway.  Don't forget to test heavy braking. 

If you're not confident and as has been suggested, find a pro. 

Good luck.  

3 hours ago, Techno said:

The chap is in Ireland mate, or at least that's what his location is stating. 

4D7A067E-C728-4300-8CFF-2DBFC78738A5.png

I have a gen 3 and 85kg. Just bought top of the range nitron shock. It came with 750lb spring which is 132nm. the standard is 140nm so just a small difference. But I found my rebound was maxed out and still not coping. The standard shock may have worked better with the 132nm spring as its pushing rebound with less force. The front end damping is not as bad but the spring is to soft and I bottom out under sport braking, the standard 9nm springs were changed for 10nm 👍 if you cant price a shock just changing springs will help. 132nm rear and 10nm front quoted for 80k-90k rider. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 7:34 PM, Berry said:

I have a gen 3 and 85kg. Just bought top of the range nitron shock. It came with 750lb spring which is 132nm. the standard is 140nm so just a small difference. But I found my rebound was maxed out and still not coping. The standard shock may have worked better with the 132nm spring as its pushing rebound with less force. The front end damping is not as bad but the spring is to soft and I bottom out under sport braking, the standard 9nm springs were changed for 10nm 👍 if you cant price a shock just changing springs will help. 132nm rear and 10nm front quoted for 80k-90k rider. 

Was that from Nitron direct and new?