Suspension set-up….13st/85kg

On 2/26/2024 at 2:06 PM, Techno said:

Was that from Nitron direct and new?

Yes, brand new. It was the spring load they recomended👍

On 2/26/2024 at 2:06 PM, Techno said:

Was that from Nitron direct and new?

Something wrong then. All settings should be somewhere in the middle, if it was set up for your weight, in your normal riding kit. 

29 minutes ago, Techno said:

Something wrong then. All settings should be somewhere in the middle, if it was set up for your weight, in your normal riding kit. 

That's why they give me a 80 to 90k spring as am 85. There's no such thing as an exact spring rate some cover 20kilo difference. If I was 80k a would have to choose a 70/80 spring and be slightly soft of a 80/90 spring and be slightly firm. But at 85k an 80/90k spring isspot on... 

The damping shouldn't be maxed out, something's wrong.  Either they've got the sims stack wrong, or it's not setup correctly.  Rebound effects both compression & rebound, where as compression does just that and has a smaller effect.  Depending on model it's possible you've got heigh/low speed adjustment on both.  Again if incorrectly set up it's possible to max one or other out.  Also many think for a shock to work well should be stiff, it's really not the case.  

It was maxed out on the standard shock! That's why I replaced it. That's why the text said the standard shock may work better with the 132k spring as rebound force will be less👍

17 minutes ago, Berry said:

It was maxed out on the standard shock! That's why I replaced it. That's why the text said the standard shock may work better with the 132k spring as rebound force will be less👍

The race pro shock is spot on, I have bn out once. It needs an odd click but I am not touching it until I get some warm scratching days to set it properly. I am fitting front springs next week as standard was not only soft but bottoming out chewed the braking distances. Also lifting fork oil from 5w to 5.5w as spring is 10% stiffer this will balance the extra rebound force.