Don't Pay for Fuel at the Pump

Martin

A little heads up to you guys.

Be careful when using the card payment on the fuel pump when you get fuel.

I did this yesterday and the pump played up.

It did not give me any fuel the first time, but i now have £100 pending for fuel in my bank account for it.

This is not a big problem as i have money in the account.

What has pissed me off, is that it will now take a week to free the funds as its a long bank weekend.

I don't think its right that they can freeze this amount of money as pending.

As now i have £200 in total pending for £32 of fuel. As i only found out when i checked my bank account at our first stop for a coffee.

When i spoke to the fuel station about this late in the day, they told me that even if you only have £40 in your account and have just £10 of fuel, the whole £40 will go and be pending leaving you £0 in your account.

Just so you know this was at Morrisons. They said the system has only just changed for taking just £1 pending as it did before to the £100 pending.

From now on the wife and I will only pay for fuel inside the station now.

I wonder how many people have been put in the sh!t with this system. which i think is wrong.

Edited by Martin

i have seen the £1 taken only in the pending part of my online banking

3 hours ago, mark3evo said:

i have seen the £1 taken only in the pending part of my online banking

It's now £100 @ Morrisons petrol stations.  When it was the £1 pending you knew what it was for and made sure the money was in the account for the fuel. Now you have no choice in the matter and the £100 or all your money upto £100 goes into pending.  It's not right.  As i said above i have £200 pending for £32 of fuel :soapbox:

Edited by Martin

You have lots of strange things there,

i thought that it was the same everywhere,

when you pay fuel on your card ,they take the money spent and thats it,

if the pump does not work , and it always works, it just does not charge anything.

I dont get it   :beat:

Morrisson's say this

Pay at the Pump

Why am I being Charged a £100 pre authorisation when I at Pay at Pump

Prior to the 1st November 2021, all Pay at Pump transactions were authorised by requesting a £1 pre authorisation from your card issuer before taking payment for the value of the fuel 1 to 3 days later.

Under new rules, implemented by Mastercard and Visa, we must now request authorisation from your card issuer for up to £100.

Dont worry - once you’ve finished filling up, the final transaction amount is sent to your card issuer. We will only charge you for the value of the fuel you’ve actually purchased, the remainder of your pre authorisation amount will be released without charge.

UPDATED ON: 01 NOVEMBER 2021

what if I do not want to do the pre authorisation charge of £100?

If you do not wish to pay the pre authorisation amount processed, please pay at the kiosk inside the petrol station where no pre authorisation payment will be applied.

If you wish to pay at the pump, a pre authorisation payment will be taken automatically. We are unable to stop this pre authorisation.

UPDATED ON: 02 NOVEMBER 2021

That is bullshit.

We have lots of "cold" stations here and they are more and more turning into card payment only, no other options.

Only some of the unmanned stations accept cash.

Welcome to UK economics where big businesses rule 

Recession is on its way :(

i ordered new double glazing and doors 🚪 was quoted 12 weeks they came in 4

guy in the village makes bespoke  wooden garden sheds and fencing/gated businesses dropped like a stone just downsized from a unit to a much smaller one 

I know i wont be paying at the pump again, i will wait for a non card payment pump to become free.

At our Morrisons station, the 2 pumps on the far left are card payment only pumps now.

I will say, how many of us read the small signs on the fuel pumps.

I dont know about you guys, but I'm watching what i am doing when messing with fuel and not reading the small printed signs.

Edited by Martin