bought another one !!!!!!!!

I was trying to indicate that perhaps the interweb it not the best place to put your postcode on....

Worth pulling stuff like that from searches before posting. FB is worst for adding it's little bit of code - I always strip that off. 

;):thumbs::popcorn:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Kzin said:

I was trying to indicate that perhaps the interweb it not the best place to put your postcode on....

Worth pulling stuff like that from searches before posting. FB is worst for adding it's little bit of code - I always strip that off. 

quite a few folks have had their expensive race push bikes nicked as some folks like to post on facebook their start and finish points of their house :(

13 hours ago, Kzin said:

still confused , i was asked were the bikes were and were i got mine from , i have bought several bikes from way outside my area and had them delivered and my old bike taken away  in part ex this one included , dont know were the postcode comes into it , you use the phone or go to the dealers ,  

2 hours ago, keithzx said:

still confused , i was asked were the bikes were and were i got mine from , i have bought several bikes from way outside my area and had them delivered and my old bike taken away  in part ex this one included , dont know were the postcode comes into it , you use the phone or go to the dealers ,  

Ok, I'll break it down - and I appreciate not everyone may be bothered, so was trying to point it out to give you the option of removal. :thumbs:

You posted a link.

In the link is your postcode.

Use that on something like Google earth and this gives your street.

It wouldn't take much more to find your house number.

Et. voilà - everyone knows where you keep your shiny new bikes.

Now you might not keep them there, or you may use a 'pet' postcode that's not yours, but close enough in the town for such searches. I dunno - but personally I'd strip details like this from effectively public posts. But maybe I just live in the wrong area and so think like that... 

:thumbs::popcorn::hyper:

4 hours ago, madmattt said:

So, all fixed, I hope :rolleyes:

Looks good to me :thumbs:

I read this 

there is no links 

what is happening ?

oh wait Madmatt is after a gen 3 so hiding the link :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, JOHN-DYNOSTAR said:

I read this 

there is no links 

what is happening ?