Ukraine a disaster for them :(

mark3evo

i have made a vow not to watch any news for last 6 weeks

nothing i can control or change, plus i'm  too old to fire Javelin anti tank weapons 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turkey says it cannot support Sweden and Finland's plans to join NATO

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan has said it will not be possible for his country to support plans for Sweden and Finland to join NATO.

Yesterday, Finland confirmed it will make a bid to join the military alliance, with Sweden expected to echo this decision in the coming days.

Mr Erdogan claimed the Nordic countries are "home to many terrorist organisations", without providing any further details.

Turkey has been a member of the North Atlantic Alliance since 1952, and has typically supported enlargement of the group.

Its opposition to Finland and Sweden's bids could pose an issue for them, as new members need unanimous agreement to join.

Mr Erdogan said: "We are following the developments regarding Sweden and Finland, but we don't hold positive views.

"As Turkey, we don't want to repeat similar mistakes. Furthermore, Scandinavian countries are guesthouses for terrorist organisations.

"They are even members of the parliament in some countries. It is not possible for us to be in favour."

Earlier, NATO secretary-general Jens Stoltenberg said the Finns would be "warmly welcomed" and promised a "smooth and swift" accession process.

6 hours ago, Martin said:

Mr Erdogan claimed the Nordic countries are "home to many terrorist organisations", without providing any further details.

I would like to know which organisations he meant.

Yes, we are fooled easily and have paid for mistakes in politics, letting too much people in without checking their backgrounds. But we are learning, even faster now.

Or did he hear me saying that turkish goods are as bad as chinese, sometimes even bigger crap.

13 minutes ago, MikaS said:

I would like to know which organisations he meant.

Yes, we are fooled easily and have paid for mistakes in politics, letting too much people in without checking their backgrounds. But we are learning, even faster now.

Or did he hear me saying that turkish goods are as bad as chinese, sometimes even bigger crap.

Actually Turkey excel in small turned parts, good materials but cheap labour

quite a lot of Automotive aftermarket parts are made in Turkey. There used to be a Turkish hall at Automeckanica German trade show

@MikaS

bloody hell today - you must burn candles and whale blubber

Russia is cutting your Electricity off :shock:

you've not paid your bill :rolleyes:

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/russias-inter-rao-halt-power-exports-finland-due-lack-payment-2022-05-13/

18 minutes ago, mark3evo said:

bloody hell today - you must burn candles and whale blubber

Russia is cutting your Electricity off :shock:

you've not paid your bill :rolleyes:

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/russias-inter-rao-halt-power-exports-finland-due-lack-payment-2022-05-13/

Well, i dont know the true story behind that but when ever russians are involved there is lies told. We were the only ones to pay sanctions fully after WW2 to soviet union. I think they can suck it.

In this day an age, i can not understand why Putin can't be the bigger man and say "ok i fcuked up" and pull his troops back to russia.  He has made so many statements saying the reasons for the WAR. But has never backed them up with proof.

As for Finland and Sweden joining NATO. IF Turkey does block them, they will not be alone because of it, The UK & US will now both come to the aid of Norway, Sweden & Finland if Russia or anyone else attacts them.

But in all truth, Finland has a better army than Ukraine, so Putin would be mad in the first place to attact them.

Edited by Martin

1 minute ago, Martin said:

In this day an age, i can not understand why Putin can't be the bigger man and say "ok i fcuked up" and pull his troops back to russia.  He has made so many statements saying the reasons for the WAR. But has never backed them up with proof.

As for Finland and Sweden joining NATO. IF Turkey does block them, they will not be alone because of it, The UK & US will now both come to the aid of Norway, Sweden & Finland if Russia or anyone else attacts them.

why .. because he is ill with cancer and has psychological problems, a key Ukrainian spy says a coup is planned , no doubt replaced by more healthy hardliners