Everyone looks the other way

mark3evo

48 minutes ago, Busa Harbour man said:

None of it matters for you Mark, they already have your DNA and your replacement shall be along shortly :xmastree:

BHM

i already had the original Chinese version Jan 2020 and i survived the AZ Clot Shot to go on my jollies 

but i may grow Chimpanzee features :halwitch:

The AstraZeneca vaccine uses a chimpanzee adenovirus vaccine vector. This is a harmless, weakened adenovirus that usually causes the common cold in chimpanzees.

The adenovirus vaccine vector, known as ChAdOx1, was chosen as a suitable vaccine technology for a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine as it has been shown to generate a strong immune response from one dose in other vaccines.

It has been genetically changed so that it is impossible for it to grow in humans.

THERE WILL NEVER BE A REPLACEMENT :xmassnowman3:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on guys this is just out from ONS Office of National statistics

Government says go get " Boosted"

ONS say you are 4.5x more likely to catch Omicron than the unvaccinated.. can you smell a rat here :zipped:

download the excel sheet to see the below RESULTS/CONCLUSIONS

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/adhocs/14107coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveyukcharacteristicsrelatedtohavinganomicroncompatibleresultinthosewhotestpositiveforcovid19

image.png

:thumbs:

Looks like the first guy to die of omicron... may in fact have not done so.

But don't worry, despite deaths for C continuing to fall (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths) - I'm sure we'll soon be in lockdown again. Yes I know the rate is rising, but what of it if the resultant issues are less ?

:no:

11 minutes ago, Kzin said:

:thumbs:

Looks like the first guy to die of omicron... may in fact have not done so.

But don't worry, despite deaths for C continuing to fall (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths) - I'm sure we'll soon be in lockdown again. Yes I know the rate is rising, but what of it if the results are less ?

:no:

self induced lockdown scared by the 6,000 deaths per day Neil Ferguson modelling club , pubs and restaurants empty west end shows closing due to no footfall.

They completely ignored South African mild Omicron citing they had better natural immunity!!  24% only double jabbed

in that case what was the point of the 50,000,000 UK double jabs  and ONS now say get boosted your 4.5 x likely to catch Omicron, than the unwashed unvaccinated.   :no:

Meanwhile Pfizer are $33 billion the richer , likes of the evil Tony blair shouting his mouth of .. the liar he is  WMD and the Kelly affair 

well well well

it's been announced after Astrazenica was dropped from being offered as a booster, it now appears the better adenovirus type such as AZ and Novamax are better at protecting in the long term than these nrew fangled mRNA types as used by Pfizer and Moderna.

you had better roll your sleeves up 5x per year as after 10 weeks they are ineffective from Omicron or the very bad cold

we already know no fecker has cured the common cold, thing is UK Government bought 110 million of mRNA at £25 / shot.

so why did we stop using the low cost effective AZ - big pharma duped our government that's why !!

Britain’s relatively low recent death toll from Covid compared to Europe may be a result of earlier use of the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab to vaccinate the most vulnerable, according to the nation’s former vaccine tsar. 

Dr Clive Dix, former chairman of the Vaccine Task Force, told The Telegraph that he believed the AstraZeneca jabs offered more robust, long-term protection against severe disease and death than RNA-based alternatives made by Pfizer and Moderna.  

Britain’s Covid death rate has been relatively flat for several months, and there has not been a noticeable surge in Covid deaths due to omicron. 

However, many European countries have recently seen steadily increasing death rates and have more Covid deaths on a like-for-like basis than the UK. 

Figures from Our World in Data, a website run by the University of Oxford, shows the UK has 1.7 daily deaths from Covid per million people. In comparison, the EU as a whole has almost four. 

“If you look across Europe, with the rise in cases, there's also a corresponding lagged rise in deaths, but not in the UK, and we have to understand that,” said Dr Dix.

“I personally believe that's because most of our vulnerable people were given the AstraZeneca vaccine,” Dr Dix said. 

The key, he says, is that although the RNA jabs produce a more obvious and rapid jump in antibody levels in lab tests, other vaccines may be better at priming another part of the immune system: cellular immunity. 

Cellular immunity includes various forms of T cells, including those that destroy infected cells, and also memory cells, ensuring a person can fight off an infection several years after they are first exposed to it. They are slower to react than antibodies and do not prevent infection, but do halt the pathogen in its tracks, making it harder for the virus to cause damage. 

“We’ve seen early data that the Oxford jab produces a very durable cellular response and if you’ve got a durable cellular immunity response then they can last for a long time. It can last for life in some cases.” he said. 

The only notable difference, he said, between the UK and Europe’s vaccine rollout was the approach to the AstraZeneca jab. 

While Britain used its ample stock to rapidly inoculate the oldest and most vulnerable people, officials on the continent besmirched the vaccine’s reputation and dragged their heels on its approval, opting instead to wait for the Pfizer vaccine.

MRNA vaccines like those made by Pfizer are based solely on the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, and produce highly specific antibodies. But AstraZeneca, and other jabs like those made by Novavax and Valneva, used a more well-rounded approach, said Dr Dix.

“We know that with adenoviral vector vaccines and adjuvanted proteins you get a much broader cellular response and I think we need to look at all that data across all the vaccines,” said Dr Dix.

He added that there was “nothing wrong” with using Pfizer or Moderna as a booster, but alternative vaccines may be a better alternative in the long-term. 

Lab results 'don't always translate to the real world'

The decision to move away from giving a primary dose with AstraZeneca and to only use Pfizer or Moderna for boosters was based on various data, including a major study that showed Pfizer and Moderna to be the most effective. But how these lab results translate into real-world effectiveness remains to be seen. 

“I think we're getting a little bit ahead of ourselves by just measuring antibodies and neutralising antibody responses in the lab as that doesn't follow through for serious disease and death,” said Dr Dix. 

“If you look at all the data, there isn't a great correlation between neutralising antibody lab results and protection from severe illness and death, they don't seem to correlate.

“And that's almost certainly because the cellular immune response is the important thing to stopping serious illness and death.”

The lab-based studies had also thus far failed to suitably measure T cell levels over time, something Dr Dix says needs to be urgently addressed if we are to establish the best jabs for annual boosters, which he thinks will be needed for the over-50s and the vulnerable, much like they are for flu.

“[The T cell analysis method used in most studies] just tells you that there are some T cells in the blood that do recognise antigens in the virus. 

“It doesn't tell you very much about the quantity or the quality of the responses and it doesn't differentiate between the different T cell classes very easily.

“I do think we've lost the battle with transmission. There's no vaccine that is going to change that. I think we should focus on the cellular immune response, and it may just get us out of the woods.”

1 minute ago, Kzin said:

baseball bat at the ready :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, mark3evo said:

baseball bat at the ready :rolleyes:

I'm sure there's a GDPR issue here too....