Gen3 is not a quick bike

the Gen3 video starts well but near the end , he did a roll on with a 800cc MV augusta naked  - Busa lost in all the roll ons 

go to 19:24 :zipped:

Can't help but think it gets a bit like moped owners racing each other 30 31 or even 32!!

It was never about ultimate speed for me, plus so many american  YouTube's have such irritating accents..  

I still think these clowns jumped to wrong conclusions,

just think about quarter mile acceleration, is that MV going to hit low 9s , i dont think so 

Yes but you Would hope the Gen3 midrange grunt would have stomped that 

must be a weight and gearing thing 

16 hours ago, Mick said:

Can't help but think it gets a bit like moped owners racing each other 30 31 or even 32!!

It was never about ultimate speed for me, plus so many american  YouTube's have such irritating accents..  

when sixteen we raced at 44,45 and 46 :D

Racing up to sub 100mph speeds is pretty pointless on the Hayabusa..... Plus in a 'pick 'X' gear roll on race, with the gearing differences for 6th, the MV would be closer to peak torque, while the Hayabusa was still below it. Then we switch to a 3rd gear pull and the MV would be over peak torque and coming up toward peak power, while the Hayabusa managed to get through peak torque and maybe up to near 8,000rpm-ish.

Knowing what mine is like, it doesn't start getting really fun til into 8k. The Hayabusa is definitely not an all-conquering machine, without any faults or weaknesses, but these divs are just setting it up to look stupid.

Lighter bike, lighter rider, shorter gearing..... you'll more than offset the 40ish HP difference

@MikaS that must be one piss weak Gen2  no way does Gen1 1299cc match 1340cc torque

04325249-8656-406c-9575-598aeb19a709-jpe

47f15857-0d3e-4004-8b7e-42e13cfdf9e3-jpe

• 1 month later...