"Honest Mark" review

There's a good argument for keeping what you have and improving it, or just keeping what you have and being happy with it, then some folk just like something new, it's nice to have the choice! 

Not seen or heard much negative about the new one and they are selling well so hats off to Suzuki for bucking the trend and keeping the big bore sports tourer market going.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting read on this thread - i like the Silver - but the back end looks a bit squidgy - i dare not have a ride as i would guess i would love it - smooth missile is my sort of delivery ( not the Jota for sure) - Mark if you want something to scare you my mates MV F4 with 179hp on the back wheel is a scary thing to ride, it has a race pipe and chip  - it sort of has power everywhere with no delay and then its steers over a pin prick :D but it has reliability problems keeping water in the radiator is a challenge !        

CIMG4124.JPG

7 minutes ago, Mcbean said:

Interesting read on this thread - i like the Silver - but the back end looks a bit squidgy - i dare not have a ride as i would guess i would love it - smooth missile is my sort of delivery ( not the Jota for sure) - Mark if you want something to scare you my mates MV F4 with 179hp on the back wheel is a scary thing to ride, it has a race pipe and chip  - it sort of has power everywhere with no delay and then its steers over a pin prick :D but it has reliability problems keeping water in the radiator is a challenge !        

CIMG4124.JPG

pic must have taken a few years ago then 

15 minutes ago, Mcbean said:

CIMG4124.JPG

You know my opinion on Italian bike quality....:rolleyes: but Tamburini? :bow:

14 minutes ago, Mcbean said:

My buddy still has his MV and I still love it - sadly my Busa is elsewhere but still on the road - out with the old dossers on Laverdas tomorrow 😀

i have a ride out with admin tomorrow ...........heated jacket on brrrrrr

15 minutes ago, Mcbean said:

:D you better behave yourself then 

edit.. on my own today - i forget the world is still working around me :D

my post some pics

17 hours ago, ptolemyx said:

Had my test ride at Bridge in Exeter yesterday. All the electronic nonsense minimised I gave it a damn good thrashing for an hour. It definitely is still a Hayabusa with that immense grunt from low down the rev' range unlike the "all at the top end" litre bikes. Has more low/mid range than the Gen2 but not by a huge amount. Still need to ping the clutch for 3rd gear wheelies. Riding the twisties of the old A30 (not the dual cabbageway) to Okehampton it went round the bends just fine. I did feel the turn in a bit quicker than my Gen2 but that could be simply down to new tyres. Suspension is a lot softer with loads of sag but coped well with rough and smooth roads, plush and efficient.

You Gen 1 owners are right that the Gen2 was sanitised and lost some of the rawness of the original, well this is more so. Stupidly fast but stupidly civilised with it.

I've said before, and the test ride confirms it; IF I had the money the changes would not persuade me to buy one. Whether Suzuki did right after all in being "practical" and broadly keeping to the established Hayabusa ethos or they should have given us what we dreamed of is debatable. Me, I'm keeping my old  Gen2 and scraping the funds for an engine and chassis upgrade. Plan £5k for a much better bike than a trade in and another £10k for a new 'un.

Thanks for that 

good honest review 

about what everyone else says reading between the lines without the bias .