"Honest Mark" review

Today i test rode the Gen3 silver one..  not as nice looking as Black and Orange. :poke: Roddy

I left the Suzuki sales man cogitating what mine was worth with 100k on clock   , he liked my wheels brembos  -  but i'll tell you now offered me £1500 as trade in :mad:

annoying he would let me take my magnetic tank bag which had my datalogger :(  , so bum dyno it is 

up the A19 .. 

According to suzuki york all settijngs were to 1 full power and lesast intrusion for launch traction etc..

Initial ride smooth and being new all quite tight , but the suspension felt soft  with no bumps being felt.  mine Gen2 is noticeably stiffer.

the fly by wire throttle whilst still has cables but is much easier to turn and appears to have less rotation to full throttle than mine - could be just less resistance to roll on.

pulling away in any gear low down - it does have more grunt than mine as expected so - when winding on the bike does accelerate well 

to any body not used to riding a busa ... the bike will seem really fast from  any given revs and any gear.  :cool:  ( cam retarded to give more low end / mid range)

i did like the positive Neutral .

with 430 miles on the Gen3 i did wring its neck numerous times over the 30 miles in 2nd and 3rd gear rolls on to red line.    after a while i became almost used to the rush of acceleration.

the quick shifter was  flawless up and down    i think cut fuel and ignition - which seemed to make the bike surge after next gear engagement.

running through 1st to 4th hard it was noticeable QS good but a little laggy than my old

it seemed slower to shift than my old HM Shifter which was set to 55 msec including improved star wheel , mine only cut ignition and seemed to run through the gears with less interruption  - so aftermarket up shift is better. :beat:

i'm not sure if GEN3 had the quickest setting or a default setting to save gearbox 

but   riding mine since modded and adding wheels.   when revving out in 2nd and 3rd the acceleration is harder through the redline to 12,000 

you have to remember this bike has done 100,000 miles and still races hard to cut out since JW de-restricted a testament to engine durability :thumbs:

in 2nd gear if i cracked the throttle as fast as i could it would lift the front :rolleyes:

so i need to feather throttle ever so slightly -  on Gen3 i could just wind on faster seemed more linear power without worry of wheel lift

mine definitely more peaky and feels i have to give a little more respect.

Conclusion: would i buy one.

if i was a newbie rider to the busa fold and came from say a VFR or similar - yes the bike will seem  a big improvement and the big thing for most riders it feels really safe as almost i could take liberties 

but for me i was expecting something more - why would i expect that when EURO 5 has its mitts all over it.  the big seems really safe its fast but also neutered at the same time

i want something to scare the shit out of me and have to treat with some respect -  so for me i'm glad going down the Big motor route - ill have more low end mid range with 10 hp more at top end -    i want to be scared that the bike could kill me.   Gen3 does not do it for me and i can see me being bored with it  - i seemed to have moved on.

today was also the 1st real day of the year i got my Riding mojo back as over last 3 months riding i felt slow and not in unison with my back.

looking forward to other reviews . 

oh i have to go back to Suzuki york on tuesday as i did collect my driving licence - i forgot must have been the excitement :swoon:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot to add seems less vibey than GEN2 but Gen3 has go the new isolated rubber mount steering 

so if you got white finger this is the bike for you.   :wavey:      Suspension needs adjusting stiffer

So, Mark, if one is coming from a VFR, you would say yes. How about gettin' a Gen 1 for relative peanuts and gettin a more raw experience? Sorry, but to me 'tis a no brainer. ffs, WHY else does anyone buy a Busa?

Well youll

6 minutes ago, enfabusa said:

So, Mark, if one is coming from a VFR, you would say yes. How about gettin' a Gen 1 for relative peanuts and gettin a more raw experience? Sorry, but to me 'tis a no brainer. ffs, WHY else does anyone buy a Busa?

Well you'll have to ask them. Maybe Mark has the answer there. Apparently York say 300 busas in the UK. 200+ sold. Every dealer was supposed to have at least one in stock plus a demo. They're down to 15 demos to share between all the dealers in the UK. Nine in stock at dealers. Any stock left is in Milton Keynes to be delivered to dealer once sold.

I'm going to wait til a year or before John etc have had a proper look.at one.

14 minutes ago, enfabusa said:

agree , but plenty of folk want a new bike not one 20 years old :whistling:

maybe Suzuki hoping the new 40 year old somethings this fits 

keep forgetting average age on here must be 59 to 63 years of age and then a seventy plus year old veggie hippy thrown in :D

Just now, enfabusa said:

Thrown in !!!!!!! I'll have you know I am the fastest bloke...er, in our 'ouse. :blush:

:thumbs:

:thumbs::cool2:

And you should've said if you wanted something to scare the shit out of you, I mean I was there, I could have obliged....:hyper::ninja: 

.. oh, you mean bike wise..:lol::rotflmao:

:D

12 minutes ago, Kzin said:

:thumbs::cool2:

And you should've said if you wanted something to scare the shit out of you, 

you did you mentioned Chips cooked in lard :zipped: