First in dyno (Fin)

9 minutes ago, madmattt said:

No i was just wondering.....dealer says be nice to it 600 miles, don't rev it blablabla

Seems like Finnish Dyno guy says it's ok :rolleyes:

no one wants glazed bores 

Motoman technique from USA forum

What is dino oil ?

My new bike when I get it will be driven in 1st gear halfway home. I use the Motoman break-in procedure and have consistently fast bikes. Stock faster than decked out bikes with 4 in1, pc5 all of them. 3-6k 3 times, upshift, let cool for 5 minutes while riding. Same as before except 6-9k 3 times, cool, 9- redline 3 times. The bike is 80% broke in. After, drive it like it's broke in, no babying this bike. I use regular dino oil for a least 3 more changes, then switch to pure synthetic.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear Mika 

it looks like it might make power :(

184 hp is stock gen2 

190hp  is strong

MIka ...   Can you explain this  article from your link better google translate does not make sense 

The curve for the next measurement looked as it should. For the measured power of 190 horsepower, it should be noted that with standard piping and before adjustment for the Gen2 Bus, an average of 181-183 horsepower engine power has been measured in the same dyno. I did so despite the fact that the plant promised power of about 197 horsepower. When the power curve of the ecu editor-controlled pipeline Gen2 was taken as a control, it ran almost identically to the Gen3 power curve otherwise, but in the very upper laps the pipeline went at its expense, or in other words the constant Gen3 coagulates at the top a little earlier. Dynovedo also found that the speed of the new model is limited to 295 kilometers per hour at the factory.

hang on let me understand this  so its making 190 hp at the engine  - and the Gen2 made 197 at the engine according to specification

Suzuki claim 190 hp at the engine  which is what they said is down 7hp :huh:

waits for dyno experts to explain 

and why it may make power :huh:

7 minutes ago, mark3evo said:

no one wants glazed bores 

Motoman technique from USA forum

What is dino oil ?

My new bike when I get it will be driven in 1st gear halfway home. I use the Motoman break-in procedure and have consistently fast bikes. Stock faster than decked out bikes with 4 in1, pc5 all of them. 3-6k 3 times, upshift, let cool for 5 minutes while riding. Same as before except 6-9k 3 times, cool, 9- redline 3 times. The bike is 80% broke in. After, drive it like it's broke in, no babying this bike. I use regular dino oil for a least 3 more changes, then switch to pure synthetic.

Mineral oil, from dinosaurs.

Sounds witchcraft to me, maybe he cooked few frogs and bat tongues as well

16 minutes ago, MikaS said:

Yes, 190 on engine.

JD, help !! Do we need to explain whats with this dyno ??

@MikaS

I think if have it right ,

my dyno does 184hp rear wheel gen 2 stock 

Sami's dyno does 184hp crankshaft   gen 2 stock (it is the way he has it calibrated) .

Mikas bike made 269.4 hp at the rear wheel in the UK , Mika will confirm what his bike did in Finland 

3 minutes ago, mark3evo said:

hang on let me understand this  so its making 190 hp at the engine  - and the Gen2 made 197 at the engine according to specification

Suzuki claim 190 hp at the engine  which is what they said is down 7hp :huh:

waits for dyno experts to explain 

and why it may make power :huh:

Oh man, the can of worms is opening :blush:

Just now, MikaS said:

Oh man, the can of worms is opening :blush:

see my post !! 

aghh right - so it does make power....could make the magical 200 hp given full exhaust decat and ecu editor :cool:

and 155 nm =  114 lbft  

2 minutes ago, JOHN-DYNOSTAR said:

@MikaS

I think if have it right ,

my dyno does 184hp rear wheel gen 2 stock 

Sami's dyno does 184hp crankshaft   gen 2 stock (it is the way he has it calibrated) .

Mikas bike made 269.4 hp at the rear wheel in the UK , Mika will confirm what his bike did in Finland 

It was something like 252

14 minutes ago, JOHN-DYNOSTAR said:

oh dear Mika 

it looks like it might make power :(

184 hp is stock gen2 

190hp  is strong

MIka ...   Can you explain this  article from your link better google translate does not make sense 

The curve for the next measurement looked as it should. For the measured power of 190 horsepower, it should be noted that with standard piping and before adjustment for the Gen2 Bus, an average of 181-183 horsepower engine power has been measured in the same dyno. I did so despite the fact that the plant promised power of about 197 horsepower. When the power curve of the ecu editor-controlled pipeline Gen2 was taken as a control, it ran almost identically to the Gen3 power curve otherwise, but in the very upper laps the pipeline went at its expense, or in other words the constant Gen3 coagulates at the top a little earlier. Dynovedo also found that the speed of the new model is limited to 295 kilometers per hour at the factory.

It is quite clear , what about it ? :)

Gen3 made 190 on engine, 188 when warmed up,

gen2 makes 181-183 engine as stock

gen3 power falls earlier, gen2 with exhaust beat stock gen3, quite clearly at top range

they found speed limiter at 295 when it was supposed to be 300, i would not take that very seriously