Awaits the first proper road test

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, MikaS said:

Seems pretty quick, i cant say that tuned big block would be any quicker  :shock:

keeps short shifting as power flattens off by 9600

launch control electronics anti wheelie

except in the mile 169 mph in 0.8 mile   1600cc would trounce it 

actually here is some more facts.. John W may pour scorn :D

its official Bennets says DD3  quicker to a 100 MPH than 2016 ZZR1400 :lol:

@JOHN-DYNOSTAR

screenshot_20210402-012450_chrome-jpg.16

screenshot_20210402-012438_chrome-jpg.16

DD3 does have some low down grunt - that mild camshaft does help

MY Bike - 1 on rear 6th   40 - 100 = 9.21

DD3 = 7.8 sec

2016 ZZR1400  = 8 Sec

@JOHN-DYNOSTAR@MikaS

"And that, ladies and gents, is the fastest-accelerating stock production bike Bruce has measured in over 30 years of professional performance testing. Faster than any litre sportsbike, either Gen1 or Gen2 Hayabusas, faster than any ZZR1400  :bees:and faster than an H2 SX SE.

It’s official, kinda: the 2021 Hayabusa is still the boss."

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Launch Review

Welcome, speed freaks (and everyone else) to the UK launch of the 2021 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa. We’re parked at the far end of the 0.8-mile runway at Sywell Aerodrome in Northamptonshire, with ace performance tester Bruce Dunn and a 2D GPS datalogger (as used in MotoGP).

Suzuki Hayabusa 2021 Review Price Spec_05

Bruce launches the Suzuki up the runway in a snarling flurry of revs. He crosses the 60mph mark in 2.69 seconds.

2.49 seconds later (5.18 seconds from standstill) he’s doing 100mph.

5.53 seconds after that, 10.71 seconds from standstill, Bruce and the Hayabusa are creasing physics at 150mph. Let that sink in – just over 10 seconds to hit a ton and half.

And a mere 16.35 seconds from standstill, Bruce and the Suzuki are doing 169.49mph – in fifth, with one more gear to go.

Suzuki Hayabusa 2021 Review Price Spec_06

For Bruce, timing is – literally – everything: the end of the runway is approaching at the rate of 76 metres per second. Bruce shuts off and brakes with 300 metres and four seconds of concrete left. His margin for error timing his braking is around half a second. At nearly 170mph that, I would say, takes a fair pair of spuds.

The Suzuki’s new Brembo Stylema radial calipers and enlarged 320mm discs plough a concrete furrow as revised 42mm KYB forks and new front Bridgestone B22 eat into the runway. Newly-sophisticated ABS balances-in a bit of rear brake and sets off brake hazard warning lights, in case anything is coming up fast behind (although what Suzuki expect to keep up with an unleashed Hayabusa is moot), as the Hayabusa kills speed like a Hamamatsu-sized anchor.

And that, ladies and gents, is the fastest-accelerating stock production bike Bruce has measured in over 30 years of professional performance testing. Faster than any litre sportsbike, either Gen1 or Gen2 Hayabusas, faster than any ZZR1400 and faster than an H2 SX SE.

It’s official, kinda: the 2021 Hayabusa is still the boss.

Suzuki Hayabusa 2021 Review Price Spec_07

Now, more sober readers might wonder what the point of all this speedgasm is – and I can offer no further justification other than it is and always has been a large part of the sales pitch for the Hayabusa, and Suzuki have brought us to a runway as part of the launch so it’s clearly a bit of fun. But, also, it’s a handy way of measuring the effects of the Euro 5 changes to the 2021 Hayabusa, somewhat exhaustively listed and described above.

But before we hit the runway, we also take the Hayabusa out for a road ride too. And turns out it’s pretty handy in the real world, too.

LAUNCH CONTROL and QUICKSHIFTER helps

JEEZ

are you guys thick or what

if I put 2 teeth on my back sprocket it will out accelerate yours 

and its top speed is ????

get back in your box

Does it mean the first version of H2 is slower ?

JD, i know what you mean, people dont understand how it changes bike when tweaked a little.

Or it is just the hype what they can print on the "paper" , new bike this and that,

it equals to new is better and more money spent is better  :p

6 minutes ago, JOHN-DYNOSTAR said:

JEEZ

are you guys thick or what

if I put 2 teeth on my back sprocket it will out accelerate yours 

stock 18:43 :rolleyes: