• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TMF "The Missenden Flyer" has the DD3 on a long term loan, this is the 1st Vid

• 1 month later...

This a review of a UK member of Hayabusa.org had his bike 3 months now

"Managed to get the Gen 3 out again at the weekend and for me its got everything i want.
Still riding 2 up and even like that its every bit as capable over some familiar roads as a 2015 GSXR1K i had and way easier to ride fast smoothly on imperfect roads.
Its always going to be a big bike on twisty roads but the way the power in 3rd or 4th is available everywhere just makes it a delight .
It flicks quickly enough for my needs and as a former RSV4 owner I don't feel it needs Ohlins...at least not for the roads i like.
Compared to the ZX14r's ive owned .. the Gen 3 is vastly more stable at the high end of the speedo and can be steered wherever you want with the lightest touch..
Brakes for me can be bettered but they are very progressive and predictable...especially now the rears is bedded in.
Foot levers ...as always are too high for me but general comfort is great...Gen 1, 2 and ZX14's all aggravated an old elbow injury after 2hours but so far no issues on the 3.
QS in mode 1 is great but in mode 2 its glitchy 2nd to 3rd under full throttle and there is a distinct delay of about 1 second before you get the gear and that comes in with a vicious kick so i'm ignoring mode 2 until i get her serviced.
MPG ...very happy...still keeping above 44 imp mpg which for 2 up work and a 50/50 mix or sporty and touring riding i feel is perfect.
OE tyres...wow...30 minutes after a 120miles fun ride they were still warm which for a daytime temp of 19c is great for any tyres i've used.

Those who want the 200+hp 1K bikes will buy them...same goes for the ZX14r and so on.
For me the only other bikes i've had as much fun on would be a mk1 Tuono for the twisties and my 2003 Gen 1 Busa... the array of bikes i've had cover all sorts except adventures and those 2 would always have a soft spot for me.
Tuono was just bonkers yet comfy and shouted at everyone with a race can fitted.
The Gen 1 once i gave it better brakes was just a pleasure to ride anywhere and this Gen 3 is offering the same level of buzz those 2 bikes gave me.

Now the other half says i can get a solo ride this weekend to dial myself and the bike in so i'll get a better understanding of the toys it offers...though tested the LF at level 5 and it triggered on a 3rd-4th gear full chat blast.

Had the bike almost 3 months and i've 1 regret................. Not riding as much as i'd like.
Only change i do plan is to sort the clutch & lever... bite point is nowhere near the bar and it doesn't give confidence at the lights."

wow talking to myself again

:tumbleweed:   :popcorn:  :coffeebreak:

15 hours ago, roddy said:

It's just not 'new' enough.  Sounds strange a gen 1 guy saying that but really, it's just a tarted up marketing exercise imho.

"The Gen 1 once i gave it better brakes was just a pleasure to ride anywhere and this Gen 3 is offering the same level of buzz those 2 bikes gave me."

:swoon:

That's my point Mark, why buy one if you can have the same buzz for a fraction of the price.

Who would pay £1000 (latest Galaxy S21) for a 2001 Nokia 6310 when you're just making phone calls?