Dead DUCK 3 , DD3, The new generation GEN 3

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks better than it should!

The mounting hole on the side fairing just bugs the hell out of me. Barely a fixing in sight and then that massive crater dead centre of the bodywork.

Maybe to save drilling holes for crash protectors Meado?  I'm sure the aftermarket guys could make a bung of some kind if there's enough call for it.  Could do the same for the front mudguard.

Have not read all the chat on the gen 3 but my opinion for what it's worth, will not be buying one, my motorcycling days are not as serious as they used to be ! If I were younger I would probably have bought one eventually. Had two gen 1's and have a 2009 gen 2 and love the bike,nothing else like them, Icons. They say in the add that it's a bold design, well the gen 1 was but the gen 3 is basically the same bike ! More electronic gizmos, slightly improved riding position, think the leap forward from gen 1 to gen 2 was greater, maybe wrong it will sell but I feel the design could have been bolder for the 21 st century, it lacks the wow factor of the first bikes and what they have not been able acheive in performance they could have acheive in looks. I know form over takes function a hammer is a hammer and a screwdriver will look like any other srewdriver but it could and should have been more radical, I do like the black/Orange of the press bike though. 😎

54 minutes ago, roddy said:

Wouldn't be my first choice but that doesn't look too bad.  Still need to get rid of the fridge handles and Kawasaki logo.  Wherever you got that pic Mark, is there a version in stealth black?

There'll still be the under powered elephant in the room though..

Should have painted the zx14r grills BLACK

37 minutes ago, Meado said:

That looks better than it should!

The mounting hole on the side fairing just bugs the hell out of me. Barely a fixing in sight and then that massive crater dead centre of the bodywork.

wait till folks start adding crash bungs :no: (I see Roddy just said :rolleyes: )

there is no need Suzuki applied their standard knock it over on its side test :D 

Edited by mark3evo

28 minutes ago, roddy said:

Maybe to save drilling holes for crash protectors Meado?  I'm sure the aftermarket guys could make a bung of some kind if there's enough call for it.  Could do the same for the front mudguard.

Probably right.

Hate frame sliders, shouldn't be anywhere near a bike! 

44 Wheels think  2:34  look forward to riding it , shame its not got a blower (very short review)

15 hours ago, Kzin said:

TBH I think looking at the figures it'll be nice to ride.

7 hp less but at 400 rpm less ain't bad

More torque than the gen 1 and lower then the gen 2 - this is where you want it if you want fun.

Going on about 7 hp right at the top end where 99.9% of riders never get to, and certainly that in normal riding is pointless. I also suspect from those figures that it may be difficult to tune big (unfortunately the way the world has gone these days), but I suspect easy to make some nice gains quickly, which will suit most, which again makes more economic sense.

End of the day it's got to be better than 80% of other bikes out there, and if you don't like it, buy another bike and join another forum (or keep it as a fat lass - something you secretly like to ride but won't admit to your mates).

:D

OK - so i'm going down another route of a new pacemaker for my L0

But as this US guy says - in $$$ but same price relation ship as £££

last ones still in shop GEN2 US Hayabusa  priced at $14,779 +$395 destination charge  :drool:  (£11,000)

GEN3 Busa $18,599 + $395 destination charge (£13,863) 

"After sleeping on it, I agree with what Cap is saying. Do I wish it was 1,400cc+, yes but I understand why they did what they did while also having to pass Euro5 emissions.

Only a handful of us are going to go berserk on mods and push 200mph+! It’s the tech, refinement, and ride ability that will sell a bike in this day and age. The Busa is still the best all around bike available and I’m glad they didn’t let it die. Do I wish they offered more, yes but considering the market and price point, it’s not completely bad.

Heck, look at bike prices right now...

S1000RR base $17,490 M-package like you’d want $22,690
V4 $22,295
RSV4 $25,499
R1M $26k
CBR1000RR-R SP $28,500
V4S $28,685
H2
M1000-RR $32,900
V4SP $37k
V4R $40k
H2R $55k
V4 Supperleggera $100k

The cost of everything has gone up, Busa is still a bargain...

• JOHN-DYNOSTAR changed the title to Dead DUCK 3 , DD3, The new generation GEN 3