Dead DUCK 3 , DD3, The new generation GEN 3

found this online from Suzuki engineers....

So why not employ the GSX-R1000’s variable valve timing? The engineers deemed it an unnecessary complication: "The new Hayabusa achieves target performance without a variable valve mechanism, which Suzuki decided not to adopt in order to maintain the ease of maintenance and serviceability."

Without the need for a complex VVT system, servicing will be cheaper, reliability and durability greater, and the overall cost of the bike constrained. And if you really want more power, fit a Euro5-dodging exhaust: "We cannot mention the exact figure, but the revised engine should have better potential. If I am supposed to join a drag race, I will choose the new Hayabusa without hesitation," says Engine Test Engineer, Shunya Togo.

He knows a bit about engine development, too: "Before I joined Suzuki, I was an engineer to develop diesel turbo chargers for automobiles. In Suzuki, I was engaged in development of MotoGP engines such as the 800cc V4 and 1000cc inline-four which Joan Mir won the championship with. But I applied for Hayabusa development team as it was the reason I joined Suzuki."

The new Busa gets redesigned 7-spoke wheels which are claimed to deliver better flex properties to improve grip feel, although they’re not any lighter than previously

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mark3evo said:

The new Hayabusa achieves target performance without a variable valve mechanism

So the target for G3 was less than G2?  What a novel approach to marketing their top of the line hyperbike :no:  and who chooses a bike like this on the basis of easier servicing?

Be honest, if you're buying something like a busa or zzr, you want it because it's big, f'kin fast, can mix it and has a reputation.  Efficiency and how much grief it is for the mechanics are waaaay down the list.

Remember when the G1 was launched - ugly bugger was the opinion, especially in the launch colours but it's performance was in no doubt and that sold it.  The ZX12 and busa battled for years but it was the battle for the world title between the 2 top contenders.  Before that, the Gixxer 1100 (at least in my circles) was the ultimate hooligan's weapon of choice, it sold for the same reasons and the zzr11 was for the (slightly) more refined thug on 2 wheels - it sold too.

Now we have feckin hill start.

My 2p Mr Suzuki

we are an ageing and dying niche :rip:

they want to give this new bike to a new younger wider audience that needs aids , stabilisers and hill start

There is a lot of that in it Mark but the demand for this type of bike has declined over 20 years and this effort from Suzuki is going to sell only to diehards and those who will see it as the last man standing as none of the other manufacturers have such a bike in their range for a whole host of reasons.

Can't remember when I last saw a Fireblade. All adventure type bikes now. Given the price of a Gen3 :no: I'd say get a Gen i, fit Ohlins rear, Ohlins springs in front with better calipers, and get a turbo. 250-280 bhp for a LOT less money. :huh:

3 minutes ago, enfabusa said:

Can't remember when I last saw a Fireblade. All adventure type bikes now. Given the price of a Gen3 :no: I'd say get a Gen i, fit Ohlins rear, Ohlins springs in front with better calipers, and get a turbo. 250-280 bhp for a LOT less money. :huh:

There is a 2001 model at Gt Motorcycles, 300 hp turbo 

for £11,999

Why i do not agree hyperbikes becoming obsolete,

what is better than riding powerful bike from here to sunset, fast and easy,

it is the people, they dont understand true values of life, go after cheap and pointless things, i see it every day

Ok so I get the whole midrange power thing but I don't get how a more efficient engine uses more fuel to produce less overall power and torque.

The more I look at it the more I like the styling though.

As for the electronics package I get lean angle ABS, I get lean angle TC and maybe even selectable engine braking but don't get hill hold and linked braking and WTF is Slope Decent Controls all about thats something I expect to see on a Land Rover Discovery not on a hyper-sports bike ay.

Last thing I want is to be braking hard down into Kallenhard or Wehrseifen on a hot lap of the Nordschleife and have the bike decide the rear end is lifting too much and start messing with the brake pressures, sounds like a quick way to become part of the armco to me.

Maybe I am doing it all a disservice, will have to have a test ride and find out, bet they won't let me take it to the ring though.

So for now I think will be sticking with the GSXR 1000.

Lets see what exhausts and remapping brings to the party

Cheers

Rigsey

Edited by Rigsey

• JOHN-DYNOSTAR changed the title to Dead DUCK 3 , DD3, The new generation GEN 3