Dead DUCK 3 , DD3, The new generation GEN 3

"For example on the previous generations you can replicate that same dyno chart by advancing the exhaust cam and either leaving the intake cam alone, or retarding it a few degrees. (Referred to as spreading the centers) That will decrease valve overlap. When you do that, you’ll see the engine produce a much broader tq, and hp curve, but with the sacrifice of overall peak power. Definitely going to be some big gains there I would think."

Decreasing overlap also decreases peak power ?

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, JOHN-DYNOSTAR said:

the Americans talk bollocks . spreading the cams literally means widening the lobe centres

which moves the valve timing backwards , retarding the timing, which gives more top end and less midrange

on about page 3 in this thread (10  days ago :D)  I said the DD3 had gained midrange "probably" by just Advancing  the cam timing

which low and behold he dozy Americans are going to move it back to stock Slo8 timing and gain loads 

of hp. ,well they will only regain the lost 7hp sad to say.

They are just wishfull thinking, it is basic engineering 

and with smaller throttle bodies the game is set. I know I have had a FiNNish top speed bike on my 

Dyno with bigger cams and bored out throttle bodies bigger than a DD3 will ever see, so I know what is possible.

and 

we also did this with Mekinleys bike . once the top end HP disappeared his bottom lip came out

so it does not matter what torque or midrange it makes . if the top end is not there you are nowhere .

if you cock the gas flowing up in a motor the gas speed drops, a cheap way to speed it up is to reduce the throttle body size. That gives load of low speed accel and pickup, response. as does advancing the cam timing on big old bus.

I have not done a 6 second 1/4 and don't feel the need to. or shout about it. it is possible the secondary

butterflies are restricting the top end . but why and how do they gain the midrange as the butterflies are there to restrict the bike for emissions.

deshrouding the valve pockets as Mika will confirm helps with gas flow  but not 10hp worth.

bullshit Mr American guy, sorry   Waaasssssuuuuuppppp  !!!!!!!!!!!!

good i was testing your metal John :D

6 hours ago, Kzin said:

No, to get it you have to defeat the end of level guardian - which in this case is John, sat on his roof, throwing and rolling beer barrels down the yard at you....

Donkgen3a.jpg

:shock::hyper::rotflmao:

Brilliant :thumbs:  Are these barrels are the empties?

So no, it's not 40hp from a remap, it's maybe 40hp with engine work and a remap :rolleyes: 

The DD3 rear really does improve the SLO8 and I quite like it on the Gen 1 in that colour scheme too :thumbs:

112 - 107 lobes lots of top end power 

no bottom end no midrange lots of top end  very short stacks good top speed bike

***** modify all intakes** floor of airbox removed * including frame as holes in frame of busa only flow

so much air due to size of hole.

105 105  good average road , stock gen 1 

long stacks airbox mod 1  good road bike 

if you can get it . depending piston to valve clearance or piston cut outs 

104 103

and long stacks  oily paws bum dyno good power.

lots of midrange low down torque no top end power , 

some American tuners 104 - 100  

this depends on DD£ exhaust design   also . it copies the vance and hines AMERICAN flute design

which we tried on the zzr1400 in 2008 and it lost hp big time. 

so lobe centre is in, keeping power in,  keeping heat in. so it has to come out 

of those big ducts straight at the riders legs , going to be fun in the summer ,

lots of talk , dead duck 3.

but hey what do I know :D

I don't do videos but I have a video game which I have to be in daily rolling barrels after empting them

glu glug! 

don't expeect much sense here glug glug  :whistling::D

4 hours ago, JOHN-DYNOSTAR said:

I love this , looks like a future UKB dyno day challenge 

Let's do it. If we ever get out of this cockdown , dyno shootout & laid back pub day.

I'm sure I can last until 10pm :hyper:

6 hours ago, Kzin said:

Let's do it. If we ever get out of this cockdown , dyno shootout & laid back pub day.

I'm sure I can last until 10pm :hyper:

:thumbs:

This was 7 years ago 

electric bikes beats best petrol in pikes peak challenge

Next Gen4

dont worry john you can still fiddle with electric motor and be making use of your dyno

• JOHN-DYNOSTAR changed the title to Dead DUCK 3 , DD3, The new generation GEN 3