Dead DUCK 3 , DD3, The new generation GEN 3

47 minutes ago, JOHN-DYNOSTAR said:

welcome Rigsey and a bloody good 1st post  very balanced 

That will soon change :lol:

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not knowing anything about engines :rolleyes: Is there any reason why the mechanical thing that advances the timing on the gsxr1000 can't be fitted to the busa engine?

Apart from a bit of software maybe :) 

5 minutes ago, madmattt said:

Not knowing anything about engines :rolleyes: Is there any reason why the mechanical thing that advances the timing on the gsxr1000 can't be fitted to the busa engine?

Apart from a bit of software maybe :) 

What comes to mind, gsxr1000 has wider rev range and less torque, it benefits more using adjustable cam timing.

I asked my tuner what if we tried fitting adjustable intake cam in the busa engine, he said we have too much torque already and cant use it fully, just adjust the cams for top end and we will be fine,

I don't understand what market this is aimed at... 10 power modes and fucked if you face uphill and a wagon is reversing (Do remember a guy with hill hold on a ktm having his bike trashed because he couldn't role backwards ) this isn't going to attract new buyers or probably attract old buyer's .   

The good thing, in my mind, is that it's going to encourage me to look for another good condition gen 2

53 minutes ago, Mick said:

I don't understand what market this is aimed at... 10 power modes and fucked if you face uphill and a wagon is reversing (Do remember a guy with hill hold on a ktm having his bike trashed because he couldn't role backwards )  

Hill hold, hope it can be turned off

good point that Mick :thumbs:

I went to bed excited like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve. I woke up expecting a 6 milion dollar man, a GI Joe with the the kungfu grip, and an Evel Knievel action figures waiting for me. Instead all I got was a pack of socks and draws. You had one job Suzuki.

Hill hold on a bike :rotflmao:

I don't mind it in the car but on a bike what a waste of time.

On the brightside it'll probably end up weighing nearer to a thou by the time you throw the exhausts, abs system and whatever other pointless fluff has been added straight into the bin! :D

• JOHN-DYNOSTAR changed the title to Dead DUCK 3 , DD3, The new generation GEN 3