Dead DUCK 3 , DD3, The new generation GEN 3

whilst me and Nicola went for a 4.5 mile walk

half the walk was talking to 2 UKB members chewing the cud of Gen3  :empathy:  + :empathy:

i must admit Mrs Mark3evo is happy i'm not gonna blow £17k of my pension fund on a Gen3

but she has agreed that the botch external oil seal applied to clutch pushrod needs to be fixed properly 

if splitting engine better at same time for 1441 refresh 

"yes darling" :hyper: she says :love:

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let her speak to me :D

9 minutes ago, JOHN-DYNOSTAR said:

let her speak to me :D

i can always send back the green velvet settee she set her heart on :D ( i know how a woman's mind ticks)

i'm also gonna purchase one of those VBOX data loggers so i can record accelerations before/after and zx14 you can borrow it john - if you know some quiet straights put to bed the best 1441 busa or kwak  :rolleyes:

i need something to do on a tuesday afternoon whilst you lot working for the good of the British economy 

No, you can borrow my zx14 and try it :D

Hi all,

Just signed up on here today to see what you all think of the Gen 3 as I have been waiting in anticip.......ation for this one, got up early to watch it live, the new bonkers Hayabusa gen 3 then......oh is that it.

I had an L5 Gen 2 for 3 years and 16000 miles but chopped it in for an L8 GSXR 1000 as I do closed circuit days at the Nordschleife and had found the limits of the Busa from a ground clearance and weigh perspective so the new GSXR seemed like the way to go but I do miss the sheer grunt of the Gen 2 and was considering returning to the fold.

I was hoping for 200 BHP and a significant weight saving instead they give us less power, a mere 2kg weight saving, a shed load of electronics we will never use and poorer economy.

Considering they did such a good job on the GSXR, 199 BHP and 203 KG, returns 50 mpg on the road (Track time is a different story) how could they get this so wrong.

Having said that I still want to ride one to see what its like but feel that there will be a lot of ex demos hanging about at the end of the year.

Yours disappointedly 

Rigsey

welcome Rigsey and a bloody good 1st post  very balanced 

7 minutes ago, Rigsey said:

Hi all,

Just signed up on here today to see what you all think of the Gen 3 as I have been waiting in anticip.......ation for this one, got up early to watch it live, the new bonkers Hayabusa gen 3 then......oh is that it.

I had an L5 Gen 2 for 3 years and 16000 miles but chopped it in for an L8 GSXR 1000 as I do closed circuit days at the Nordschleife and had found the limits of the Busa from a ground clearance and weigh perspective so the new GSXR seemed like the way to go but I do miss the sheer grunt of the Gen 2 and was considering returning to the fold.

I was hoping for 200 BHP and a significant weight saving instead they give us less power, a mere 2kg weight saving, a shed load of electronics we will never use and poorer economy.

Considering they did such a good job on the GSXR, 199 BHP and 203 KG, returns 50 mpg on the road (Track time is a different story) how could they get this so wrong.

Having said that I still want to ride one to see what its like but feel that there will be a lot of ex demos hanging about at the end of the year.

Yours disappointedly 

Rigsey

:thumbs:

• JOHN-DYNOSTAR changed the title to Dead DUCK 3 , DD3, The new generation GEN 3